Vancouver Centennial Plaque #96 – False Creek South
Address: The Wicklow Pub, 610 Stamps Landing
Status: Still up

“FALSE CREEK SOUTH
Limited access initially restricted industrial development but by 1886 the first sawmill, Leamey and Kyle's, began operation north of Yukon Street. Other industries including shingle mills, breweries, slaughterhouses and metal works followed. Visible blight and pollution led to re-development in the 1960's.”
Credit: Vancouver Centennial Commission, Historic Plaque Program – list and documentation plaques 50-100 (June 18, 1986). Courtesy of Vancouver Archives

Photo credit: Vancouver Archives (AM54-S4-1-A-29- A-29-23)
