Vancouver Centennial Plaque #97 – English Bay

Address:           English Bay Bathhouse, Beach Avenue

Status:             Still up

 

“ENGLISH BAY

Named by Captain George Richards in 1860, this became a popular recreation area with the development of the West End in the 1890's. Over the years amenities were added, including sand (1898), bath houses and pier (1909) and a bandstand in Alexandra Park (1914).”

Credit: Vancouver Centennial Commission, Historic Plaque Program – list and documentation plaques 50-100 (June 18, 1986). Courtesy of Vancouver Archives

 

Photo credit: Vancouver Archives (AM54-S4- Be P151)

 

Leave a comment

Name .
.
Message .

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published