Vancouver Centennial Plaque #98 – Vancouver Rowing Club
Address: 450 Stanley Park Drive (on the side of the pedestrian bridge)
Status: Still up

“VANCOUVER ROWNG CLUB
The Vancouver Club was formed in 1899 as a result of a merger of the Vancouver Boating Club (1886) and the Burrard Inlet Rowing Club. In 1911 it moved from the foot of Bute Street to its present site. It is Vancouver's oldest continuous sports organization.”
Credit: Vancouver Centennial Commission, Historic Plaque Program – list and documentation plaques 50-100 (June 18, 1986). Courtesy of Vancouver Archives

Photo credit: Vancouver Archives (AM54-S4- Sp P65)
